You Know You Work with Architects If...
- Font selection and spacing must be considered deeply before you fire off that office memo.
- Everyone in your office wears the exact same glasses.Is there a Warby Parker sponsorship I don't know about?
- You can tell a person’s job description by the amount of stuff they have on their desk. So naturally, my desk is covered.
- It is a challenge to keep pilot pens, sign pens, trace paper and double-sided foam tape in stock.One building = 127 pilot pens + 482 pieces of trace paper + 13 roles of tape.
- You are the only one in the office who wears color. Administrative Assistant job description: bring color to the blueprints (pun intended).
- Everyone who walks through the lobby shifts the furniture by 1/8thof an inch. You have no idea how long our office renovations took..
- You receive work emails at all hours of the night .Note to self: the most important emails come after 2am.
- The kitchen appliances are chosen for style and beauty rather than size or function. Nothing more functional than a dishwasher without buttons or symbol to tell you whether it's on.
- Advil and band-aids are required inventory.
- You are the only one in the office whose vacation photos include humans. 300 photos of arbitrary corners and architectural details, anyone?
- Slivers of balsa wood and tiny twig trees fill desk drawers.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder is the norm. It is the job of the administrative assistant to bring that down a notch.
- You can safely assume that over half of the married folks in the office have architect spouses. Match.com interests read: must be fluent in Revit lingo and love I.M Pei.
- There is absolutely no storage space in your office for normal office stuff. Style and beauty over function, remember?
- You have carpet sample doormats and tile sample coasters. Nothing like placing a steaming cup of coffee on a Texas shaped stepping stone.
- The parking lot is full of black, grey and silver cars.And maybe a light blue scooter for those millennials.
- You feel genuinely appreciated because they realize they are kinda lost without you.
Connect with Us
Enter your email address to receive the latest news delivered right to your inbox.