Republic Center Dallas, TX
- Parking Structure
- Hover 0
This building is dedicated to the principle that no institution can long endure unless it serves faithfully and unselfishly its country, its state and community.
- 52 Stories
- 1.7 M SF Bank and Office Space
- 58 Years Old
- 4 Phases
Tallest Building West of the Mississippi River
With the rooftop spire, the building became the tallest building west of the Mississippi River at its completion in 1954. In 1959, it was surpassed by Southland Center (now the Sheraton Hotel).
By 1980, Harrell & Hamilton had become OMNIPLAN, and finished a new eight-story expansion of the complex on the site of the former historic Medical Arts Tower. OMNIPLAN’s offices were located on various floors of the Republic Bank complex from its founding in 1956 until 1984. Following the failure of the bank in the 1980s the building was repurposed for residential use and office space. In 2005, the Republic Bank complex was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
25 Year Award for Design Excellence American Institute of Architects, Dallas Chapter
1981 Citation Award American Institute of Architects, Dallas Chapter
Architectural Landmark Award Texas Society of Architects