Red Bird Mall Dallas, Texas
Creating a New Heart
The redevelopment of Red Bird Mall is rooted in a collective desire to create a new and authentic heart to South Dallas. By re-envisioning this once-thriving center, the new vision seeks to create a dense mixture of retail, office, hotel and multi-family space while also encouraging walkability throughout the site.
This is an opportunity to turn the page and have a fresh start.
The design provides an open one-acre lawn for community gatherings and events. The Lawn concept creates a unique community environment for Red Bird. Connectivity and variety of space and function will allow the melding of landscaping and architecture. It's a prominent node will draw in the community for an enhanced dining and shopping experience. The site will also include several hospitality opportunities including a hotel. The hotel is a partnership of Atlantic Hotels and Civitas Capital Group and will feature a 124-room hotel with 7,300 square feet of meeting space. Additional plans for Red Bird call for re-purposing existing buildings for vibrant office buildings to create a critical mass and additional density. Corporate users will provide jobs and opportunities along with business incubators that will revive Red Bird’s very own entrepreneurial community.
- Dallas City Council votes to pitch in $22 million for Red Bird Mall Redevelopment
- Red Bird Returns: Dallas City Council Approves $22M for Mall Redevelopment
- Dallas City Council OKs Sending Millions to Red Bird Mall Redevelopment
- What To Watch in Dallas-Fort Worth Real Estate in 2018
- Construction of Starbucks next week launches the redevelopment of Dallas' Red Bird Mall