Liberty Mutual Regional Offices Plano, Texas
- Parking Structure
- Sustainable Design
Translating Office Culture into Real Design
The new regional offices for Liberty Mutual Insurance is located at the corner of State Highway 121 and the North Dallas Tollway at the vibrant Legacy West development. Legacy West is known for its mixed-use development full of retail, multifamily and most notably the new headquarters for corporate giants, Toyota, JP Morgan Chase and Fed Ex. When KDC and Liberty Mutual came to OMNIPLAN, they expressed an interest in a community-driven environment that would create a synergistic workplace for all employees. Through many collaborative work sessions with both the developer and the client, we worked through major programming challenges.
- 5,000 Employees
- 2 Rooftop Gardens
- 11 Floors per Office Tower
- 7 Level Parking Structure
Two 11-story office towers rest on this community floor and are provided with fantastic views of the brand new Legacy West and the surrounding community of Plano. The towers were cleverly massed and designed to be identical, but the placement and orientation relative to each other created a composition that is both sculptural and unique to this emerging Plano skyline. The typical office tower floor plates were designed with optimum efficiency in mind. The structural framework is very much conventional, but with creative massing and envelope design, the overall architecture is one of elegance and timelessness.
Liberty Mutual was in a hurry to move their 5,000 employees to their new regional offices at Legacy West. We looked at several tactics to save money, but the most effective one was splitting the project into two packages - Core & Shell and Interiors. We also assigned to separate design teams to the packages to ensure a speedy delivery. Both teams are working side-by-side to deliver this project with only a 27-month construction schedule.
- Liberty Mutual Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Liberty Mutual's new Plano campus to welcome thousands of new employees in January
- Glazing 101 - Selecting the right glass for your project
- Liberty Mutual hires 1,150 workers, looking for thousands more before opening $325M Plano campus
- Almost 5 million square feet of office space is under construction in the 250-acre Legacy West project - more than any other location in Texas.